Looking for ways to grow your eCommerce sales? Business are always looking for ways to improve strategy. Below I’m going to highlight the best eCommerce marketing tips that can help you to grow your sales.
1.Grow your email list
According to the future of Customer Engagement and Commerce, only 3% of visitors actually make a purchase during their first visit. They further stated that people visit a website multiple times before making a purchase. Return visitors are 2-3 times more likely to buy the product. This shows that to maximize your revenue, you should look for the more ways to connect and build relationships with your visitors so they come back to your site.
Why should you convert your visitors into email subscribers?
Well, there are many reasons. Let’s have a look at some of the main ‘WHYs?’
- The average open rate for email marketing is 21%. In comparison, for organic reach Twitter is just 2%, and for Facebook, it is 6%.
- The average click-through rate for email marketing is 3.75%. The CTR of Facebook os 0.07% average and for Twitter, it is 0.03%.
- Around 66% of customers have made a purchase via email marketing.
Strategies to use for growing your eCommerce store
- Using exit-intent pop-ups
- Placing opt-in forms in the right places
- Gather emails with live chat
- Gather emails at checkout
2. Reduce the Abandonment of Shopping Cart
According to Baymard Institute, the average shopping cart abandonment rate is 69%. This shows that majority of people add products in their cart but don’t end up buying them. So, it completely depends on you to convince them to come back and make the purchase. To reduce shopping cart abandonment, you can:
- Simplify your checkout
- Send emails of shopping cart abandonment
- Use exit pop-ups to cart abandoners
- simplify navigations and checkout process
- Offer free shipping
- Offer guarantee of the price match
3. Cross-sell and Up-sell your products
Upsell is a process in which you are trying to sell a more expensive product than what your customers have already decided to buy. This could be the same product with extra features or higher or better model of the product. One of the leading sites like Amazon has been doing this for several years. One such example is Canon EOS 60D when you trying to make a purchase for it, they offer you Canon EOS 80D which has advanced features, but a little more expensive.
On the other hand, Cross-selling is a process in which you offer an item similar to the one a customer is currently buying. According to Predictive Intent data, more than 4% customers will agree on upselling, while only 0.2% will take the call on cross-selling.
4. Send behavior targeted emails
There was research held by MarketingSherpa, according to which around 39% marketers found that emails that are triggered to behavior are the most effective email marketing strategy.
Some behavior emails targets include:
- Which emails are opened by the users
- The follow-up and initial offers people subscribed to
- Links people clicked on in the email campaigns
- last time visitors visit your website
- Last time people purchased from your site
- Last time subscribed read your emails
5. Generate more product reviews
Product reviews play a vital role in your eCommerce store. They can help you increase the conversion rates and according to iPerceptions study, 63% of consumers are more likely to buy from a website with good product reviews. Even according to a study by Reevo, 50 or more than that can increase conversion rates by 4.6%. There are 18% average increase in eCommerce sales and the reason for this is simple- customers rely on and trust more reviews than product descriptions. To encourage them, you can offer great discounts to them so if someone is receiving products within 24 hours, you can send him/her email.
6. Give a personalized touch to your Marketing
For 2019, one thing that’s a must is Content Personalization. This is something that will make your customers happy and also give a boost to your conversion rates and sales:
- There are 75% of users who like when brand personalize messages and offers for them.
- 74% of people become irritated when content is useless for them
- The conversion rate can improve by 8% with a personalized message.
7. Add a Loyalty Program
Let’s be real; it’s easier to sell to your past customers than to influence new ones. According to a survey by Smile.io, the average conversion rate for new visitors is 1-3% whereas the repeat customer is 60-70%. Certainly, more people will come to your website and purchase from you then buying again. Moreover, after the third purchase, chances are they will come back and purchase from you again 54% more. This means you should look for a way to encourage your previous customers to purchase from you again. You can do it with the help of a loyalty program.
8. Mobile Optimization
Mobile is no longer just a nice idea – it’s vital. A mobile-friendly eCommerce website can increase your chances 67% that a visitors will purchase. Around 1 in 3 of purchases are now made on mobile.
To increase conversions, your business needs to offer the best mobile experience to the users. Things to consider:
- Avoid using flash
- Ensure your website is responsive
- Improve your site search
- Simplify the checkout process
- Optimize the menu and navigation of your mobile site
9. Offer Free Shipping
Do you know the biggest reason why people abandon shopping carts? Well, the reason is Shipping Charges. Because people don’t want to spend extra charges and thus they leave the cart without making a purchase.
10. Provide Great Customer Support
When people buy from eCommerce stores they look for the best and helpful customer support. According to the study, 55% of visitors that about to make a purchase, end up changing their minds because of bad customer service. Moreover, due to this, 44% of visitors switch to a competitor’s website. In order to avoid this situation, it is crucial to offer multi-channel customer service across various channels like:
- Social Media
It’s important that your customers can reach you on all the above-mentioned channels and also that your team responds quickly.
I hope these tips are helpful for you and help you build up more sales for your eCommerce business.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me at Joe@UD-a.com